Until October 1897, the burying ground was maintained by the Town of Glastonbury when a corporation of local investors was formed to maintain The Green Cemetery and to collect fees for the perpetual care of lots which would be sold for future burials. The Green Cemetery Association was incorporated on October 29, 1897. The officers of the Green Cemetery Association, Inc. were: President- Mr. H. E. Loomis; Superintendent- Mr. J. E. Tucker; Executive Committee-at-large- Mr. S. K. Williams and Mr. Milton S. Tracy; and for Secretary- Mr. T. H. L. Talcott. An annual payment of $0.50 per share was assessed for membership in the association. The money was to be used to “procure, establish and care for the cemetery”. From time-to-time, as the opportunity presented itself, the association has purchased additional land and expanded the area to approximately 10 acres.